To all of the awesome people in our wonderful gardening community.
You may have noticed that I haven’t added a new article in a while. The main reason for this temporary hiatus is that I have been working on some big projects that have taken up all of my free time. However, I have a long list of plant and gardening topics that I intend to develop into articles soon.
So… What is this big project that you have been working on?
I am proud to share that one of those big projects is now officially completed. This particular project is a new medical textbook focused on critical and exciting topics in health technology.
My friend Diane Chau, MD and I have joined forces as co-editors of the book. In doing so we have combined her depth of geriatrics insight/experience with my years of medical technology knowledge/perspective. We have also collaborated with 24 other amazing co-authors who are experts in healthcare and technology.
The book delivers a broad range of current, evidence-based knowledge about innovative technology that can advance the care and well-being of older adults. The topics and content in the book are also applicable to a much broader range of patients as well as engaged family members.
Book chapter titles include:
- Current Major Challenges in Aging and Targets for Technology
- Promoting Technology Adoption and Engagement in Aging
- Transitions of Care and Technology Integration
- Home Telehealth
- Telemedicine and Its Effects on Elder Care in Rural Areas
- Technology Design for Frailty
- Technology and Cognitive Impairment
- Advances in Medication Adherence Technology in the Elderly Population
- Technological Advancements in Pain Management in the Elderly Population
- Personalized Medicine and Wearable Devices
- Social Robots and Other Relational Agents to Improve Patient Care
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Potential to Improve the Health of Older Adults
- Advances in Health Education Technology
More details about the book:
Using Technology to Improve Care of Older Adults is now available on Amazon, and through our publishers website. You can also get electronic copies of our book for mac, iBooks, or iOS device through iTunes.